Downtime Updates

A brief post here! Some of you may have noticed, if you looked up from your 3DS and copy of Pokemon X or Y (or both), that Wynaut? had some issues over the weekend. The exciting version of the explanation is that Wyatt, our mascot, had to defend the site from rival Wynaut armed with pirate gear and pointy sticks. The boring and unfortunately real reason is the server had some hardware problems, and there were some DNS (domain name system) propagation issues afterwards which is why for some people it took a couple days to get back up. (I told you it was the more boring version).

But it’s back up for now! This does mean the next article will be a bit later than usual, but it’ll be out by this weekend or thereabouts, depending on the part of the world you are in. There’ll also be a bit more potential downtime around the 21st, but that’s stuff we’re expecting that basically means newer and shinier and faster servers. Keep an eye out, and we’ll try to keep the mostly-weekly updates continuing!

Author: bobandbill

I AM A GUY WHO PLAYS GAMES AND WRITES ABOUT THEM AND ALSO DOES KARATE AND SCIENCE INDEED, I SAY QUACK

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *